Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Mary Consoles Eve

 In a total change of musical pace, enjoy this song by Sandra McCracken.

Mary Consoles Eve

“Almost, not yet, already.” I purpose to sing this to myself throughout Advent. It sums up the spirit of the season very well indeed.



The above is “Mary and Eve,” painted some years ago by one of the Trappist Nuns of Mississippi Abbey. My daughter Katie stopped by the abbey gift shop while traveling through Iowa to visit her in-laws for Thanksgiving. She very kindly bought a box of caramels for Ken and I, and I spotted this painting in the little catalog that came with the candies. It reminded me of the song above. So we have Katie and her knowledge of our “sweet teeth” to thank for this song today. 

You can learn more about those nuns at Mississippi abbey.org 

There is a link to their candy and gift site at the bottom of the home page. You can also purchase cards with the image above there.

No comments:

Post a Comment